50 ml 清水
300 ml 雞湯
700 ml 清水
1.5 tsp 雞粉
1 tsp 鹽
2 tsp 蝦米
8 Chicken drumsticks
28g Gelatin powder
50 ml Water
Ingredient for chicken broth
300 ml Chicken broth
700 ml Water
1.5 tsp Chicken powder
2 Ginger slices
1 tsp Salt
2 Green onion
2 tsp Dried shrimps
1. Put all the ingredients of chicken broth in a pot. Bring it to boil over high heat.
2. Put in chicken drumsticks and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes
3. Take the chicken out and cool it down. Cut the drumsticks into large pices
4. Combine the gelatin powder with water together. Add it into the warm chicken broth and stir until it melts
5. Put chicken pieces and dried shrimps into the container, add chicken broth
6. Seal the container. Store in refrigerator for 3 hours or more until it solidifies. Cut into pieces and serve.
Questions about gelain:
Q: Can I use gelatin film instead ?
A: Yes, just use the same required quantity
Q: Can I use Agar powder?
A: Yes, but you need to adjust the required quantity yourself
Q: Why combine the gelatin with cold water?
A: Gelatin will have crumb when using hot water
Q: Why the gelatin powder doesn't dissolve?
A: The gelatin powder will melt in 30 degrees Celsius or above.
Q: Why the gelatin doesn't solidify?
A: The fish gelatin powder will solidify when it is below 5 degrees Celsius
Q: The outcome is too soft or too hard
A: Each brand of gelatin powder has different quality and efficacy. It is recommended to test it yourself
Test method: Use 500 ml of water to add 15 grams of gelatin powder. Store in the fridge until it becomes solid. Adjust the quantity according to the situation.
Q: Why do we use warm chicken soup or water instead of 100 degrees hot water or soup?
A: Because the higher the temperature, the longer time you have to wait for the gelatin powder to solidify.
Q: Does the fish gelatin powder smell fishy?
A: The gelatin powder is not actually made by fish.. It is normal to have a little odor, but it should be covered by other seasonings